Corfu, also known as Kerkyra, is a beautiful island located in the Ionian Sea, off the coast of Greece. With its picturesque landscapes, stunning beaches, and historic architecture, it’s no wonder that Corfu is a popular tourist destination. And what better way to explore this island paradise than by renting a car?
Renting a car in Corfu is a great way to see the island at your own pace and avoid the hassle of public transportation. With plenty of rental car companies to choose from, finding a car that suits your needs and budget is easy.
Exploring Corfu by Car: TOP 7 Must-Visit Destinations
- Old Town Corfu: This UNESCO World Heritage Site is a must-see for anyone visiting the island. Wander the narrow streets and admire the Venetian architecture.
- Paleokastritsa: This picturesque village is home to some of Corfu’s most beautiful beaches and crystal-clear waters.
- Achilleion Palace: This stunning palace was built in the 19th century for Empress Elisabeth of Austria and is now open to visitors.
- Mount Pantokrator: For the adventurous, a drive to the summit of this mountain offers breathtaking views of the surrounding countryside.
- Canal d’Amour: Located on the north coast of the island, this natural formation of sandstone cliffs and inlets is a popular spot for swimming and sunbathing.
- Kassiopi: This charming fishing village is known for its picturesque harbor and lively nightlife.
- Sidari: This resort town is home to one of Corfu’s most famous beaches, as well as plenty of restaurants and bars.
FAQs about renting a car in Corfu
Are there any restrictions on where I can drive the rental car in Corfu?
There are no major restrictions on where you can drive your rental car in Corfu. However, be aware that some roads may be narrow and winding, so it’s important to drive with caution.
What do I need to know before booking a car rental in Corfu?
You will need a valid driver’s license, a credit card, and proof of insurance to rent a car in Corfu. It’s also important to book your car rental in advance to ensure availability, especially during peak tourist season.
What type of car is recommended for driving in Corfu?
A small to medium-sized car is recommended for driving in Corfu, as some roads can be narrow and winding. A car with good suspension is also a good idea, as some roads may be bumpy.
What’s the speed limit in Corfu?
The speed limit in Corfu is 50 km/h in urban areas and 90 km/h on highways.
What is the most popular rental car in Corfu?
Small to medium-sized cars are the most popular rental cars in Corfu, as they are better suited for the island’s narrow and winding roads.
How much does it cost to rent a car for a week in Corfu?
The cost of renting a car in Corfu can vary depending on the time of year and the type of car you rent. On average, you can expect to pay around €20-€40 per day for a basic rental car.
Should I get insurance when renting a car in Corfu?
Yes, it’s recommended to get insurance when renting a car in Corfu. Most rental car companies offer insurance options, including collision damage waiver and theft protection.
Navigating Corfu Roads: A Guide for Drivers
Driving in Corfu can be a unique experience, with narrow roads, winding turns, and steep inclines. It’s important to be aware of the rules of the road and to drive with caution.
Features of traffic rules in Greece: Rules and Regulations
In Greece, driving is on the right-hand side of the road, and seat belts are mandatory for all passengers. It’s also important to note that using a mobile phone while driving is prohibited. The legal blood alcohol limit is 0.5 g/l, and speeding fines can be steep.
Overall, renting a car in Corfu is a great way to explore this beautiful island at your own pace. With plenty of rental car options and stunning destinations to visit, a rental car is the perfect way to make the most of your time in Corfu.