Kokkini Hani by car
Situated on the northern coast of Crete, Kokkini Hani is a beautiful seaside resort town known for its long sandy beaches, clear waters, and close proximity to Heraklion, Crete’s capital. Renting a car in Kokkini Hani allows you to explore the fascinating historical sites, stunning landscapes, and charming villages of Crete at your own pace.
Exploring Kokkini Hani by Car: TOP 7 Must-Visit Destinations
- Vathianos Kambos Beach: A short drive from the town center, this golden sandy beach is perfect for a relaxing day under the sun.
- Aquaworld Aquarium: An excellent family-friendly attraction with various marine and reptile species.
- Cretaquarium: Just a short drive away, it’s one of the largest and most modern aquariums in Europe.
- Knossos Palace: Drive to this archaeological site to see the ruins of the largest Bronze Age archaeological site on Crete.
- Heraklion Archaeological Museum: This museum houses a vast collection of artefacts from Crete, spanning over 5,000 years of history.
- The traditional villages of Archanes and Ano Asites: These charming villages are worth a day trip to explore the real Crete.
- The Minoan Palace of Malia: Another impressive archaeological site that’s worth the drive.
Parking in Kokkini Hani
Kokkini Hani has several free public parking areas, and on-street parking is also common. During the peak season, finding a parking spot near the beaches and main attractions can be a bit challenging.
Average price of a rental car in Kokkini Hani по месяцам
Prices for car rentals in Kokkini Hani can range from approximately €20 per day in the low season (November to April) to around €40 per day during the high season (May to October).
FAQs about renting a car in Kokkini Hani
Are there any restrictions on where I can drive the rental car in Kokkini Hani?
While there are no specific restrictions within Kokkini Hani, some car rental companies may not allow their vehicles to be driven off-road or taken on a ferry to other islands.
What type of car is recommended for driving in Kokkini Hani?
Given the varying terrain in and around Kokkini Hani, a compact car is suitable for city driving, while an SUV or similar vehicle might be more appropriate for rural and mountainous areas.
What’s the speed limit in Kokkini Hani?
The speed limit in built-up areas like Kokkini Hani is 50 km/h, while outside these areas, the limit increases to 90 km/h.
Navigating Kokkini Hani Roads: A Guide for Drivers
Roads in Kokkini Hani are well-maintained, and signs are generally in both Greek and English. However, be prepared for narrow and winding roads, especially in the mountainous regions of Crete.
Weather and pavement conditions in Kokkini Hani
Kokkini Hani enjoys a warm Mediterranean climate. The best time for driving is during the dry summer season (May to September), while caution should be exercised during the rainy winter months (December to March) as roads can get slippery.
Renting a car in Kokkini Hani offers the flexibility and convenience to explore the best of Crete. Remember to always drive responsibly and to familiarise yourself with the local traffic rules and conditions.