A little rundown on Stara Zagora
Stara Zagora is a city located in the central part of Bulgaria. It is the sixth-largest city in the country and is known for its rich history and cultural heritage. The city has plenty to offer to its visitors, from ancient ruins to modern architecture, there is something for everyone. The best way to explore the city is by renting a car.
Exploring Stara Zagora by Car: TOP 7 Must-Visit Destinations
- Museum of Religions — A unique museum that showcases the diversity of religions in Bulgaria.
- The Roman Forum of Augusta Traiana — A well-preserved ancient Roman forum that dates back to the 2nd century AD.
- Neolithic Dwellings Museum — An archaeological museum that showcases the Neolithic period in Bulgaria.
- Zagorka Brewery — A popular brewery that offers tours and tastings.
- Ayazmoto Park — A beautiful park that features a lake, a zoo, and a rose garden.
- Memorial Complex — A monument dedicated to the victims of the Stara Zagora bombings during World War II.
- Buzludzha Monument — A unique monument that was built during the communist era and is now abandoned.
FAQs about renting a car in Stara Zagora
Are there any restrictions on where I can drive the rental car in Stara Zagora?
You can drive the rental car anywhere in Bulgaria, but it’s important to note that some roads are in poor condition, especially in rural areas.
What do I need to know before booking a car rental in Stara Zagora?
You must have a valid driver’s license and be at least 21 years old to rent a car in Bulgaria. You may also need an International Driving Permit (IDP) if your license is not in English.
What type of car is recommended for driving in Stara Zagora?
A compact or midsize car is recommended for driving in Stara Zagora, as the roads can be narrow, and parking can be challenging.
What’s the speed limit in Stara Zagora?
The speed limit in urban areas is 50 km/h (31 mph), outside urban areas it’s 90 km/h (56 mph), and on highways, it’s 130 km/h (80 mph).
What is the most popular rental car in Stara Zagora?
The most popular rental car in Stara Zagora is a compact car, such as the Volkswagen Polo or the Renault Clio.
How much does it cost to rent a car for a week in Stara Zagora?
The cost of renting a car in Stara Zagora varies depending on the car type and rental period, but on average, it costs around 30-50 EUR per day.
Should I get insurance when renting a car in Stara Zagora?
Yes, it’s recommended to get insurance when renting a car in Stara Zagora to protect yourself from any damages or accidents that may occur.
Navigating Stara Zagora Roads: A Guide for Drivers
Features of traffic rules in Bulgaria: Vinette, Rules and Regulations
When driving in Bulgaria, it is important to know that you need to have a Vinette sticker on your car to use the highways. Vinette stickers can be purchased at gas stations or online. It’s also important to know that driving under the influence of alcohol is strictly prohibited in Bulgaria, and fines for breaking traffic laws can be steep. It’s recommended to drive defensively and follow all traffic rules and regulations.