Car rentals in Orahovac are a convenient way to explore the country’s stunning landscapes and tourist attractions. Here’s some useful information to help you plan your car rental in Montenegro
To rent a car in Montenegro, you will need to provide the following documents:
- A valid driver’s license issued by your home country
- A passport or national identity card
- A credit card in the driver’s name
- Additional identification documents, as required by the rental company.
The minimum age of the driver should be 21, with a minimum driving experience of at least two years. You can pay a deposit with cash or a card.
The average price of a car rental in Orahovac
Сar rental prices in Montenegro vary depending on several factors such as the type of car, rental period, and the rental company.
Cities to book a car and return a car in Orahovac
Orahovac is a small coastal town located in the Bay of Kotor in Montenegro. It may not be the best place to rent a car, but there are several cities in Montenegro where it is best to book a car. Returning a car in Orahovac will depend on the rental company’s policies. Here are some cities in Montenegro where it is best to book a car:
- Tivat — this coastal town is located just a short drive away from Orahovac and offers easy access to several major highways.
- Podgorica — the capital city of Montenegro is an excellent place to start your road trip, as it offers easy access to several major highways.
- Kotor — this medieval town is a UNESCO World Heritage site and a great place to explore by car.
What to look out for when booking a car rental
When booking a car rental in Montenegro, it is essential to pay attention to the following:
- Insurance — ensure that the rental car has comprehensive insurance coverage.
- Fuel policy — understand the fuel policy of the rental company to avoid any surprises when returning the car.
- Additional fees — check for any additional fees, such as airport surcharges, that may apply to your rental.
- Rental agreement — review the rental agreement carefully before signing to understand the terms and conditions fully.
Traffic rules and fines in Montenegro
In Montenegro, drivers must drive on the right side of the road. The use of seat belts is mandatory for all passengers, and driving under the influence of alcohol is strictly prohibited.
The speed limit on highways is 130 km/h, while in built-up areas, the speed limit is 50 km/h. The fine for speeding ranges from 10 to 500 euros, depending on the degree of the violation. Parking in a prohibited place can result in a fine of 30 euros, while parking in a disabled parking space can result in a fine of 100 euros.
Parking in Orahovac
Orahovac is a small town with limited parking space, but there are several paid parking lots available. The price of parking varies depending on the location and duration of parking.
On average, the price of parking in Orahovac ranges from 1 to 2 euros per hour. Free parking spaces are scarce in Orahovac, but visitors can find some free parking areas along the main road. It is important to check the parking signs and follow the rules to avoid getting fined.