Car rentals are a popular way to explore Montenegro at your own pace. Here is some information to help you plan your car rental in Montenegro:
To rent a car in Montenegro, you will need to provide the following documents:
- A valid driver’s license issued by your home country
- A passport or national identity card
- A credit card in the driver’s name
- Additional identification documents, as required by the rental company.
The minimum age of the driver should be 21, with a minimum driving experience of at least two years. You can pay a deposit with cash or a card.
The average price of a car rental in Kotor
The average price of a car rental in Kotor, Montenegro, can vary depending on several factors, such as the type of car, rental period, and the rental company.
On average, a small car rental for one day costs around 40-50 euros, while a larger car may cost around 60-70 euros per day. It is recommended to book in advance to get the best deal.
Cities to book a car and return a car in Kotor
Kotor is a popular destination for tourists in Montenegro and a great starting point for exploring the Bay of Kotor. Here are some cities in Montenegro where it is best to book a car, and returning a car in Kotor will depend on the rental company’s policies:
- Tivat — this coastal town is located just a short drive away from Kotor and offers easy access to several major highways.
- Podgorica — the capital city of Montenegro is an excellent place to start your road trip, as it offers easy access to several major highways.
- Herceg Novi — located at the entrance of the Bay of Kotor, Herceg Novi is another popular destination for tourists in Montenegro.
What to look out for when booking a car rental
When booking a car rental in Montenegro, it is essential to pay attention to the following:
- Insurance — ensure that the rental car has comprehensive insurance coverage.
- Fuel policy — understand the fuel policy of the rental company to avoid any surprises when returning the car.
- Additional fees — check for any additional fees, such as airport surcharges, that may apply to your rental.
- Rental agreement — review the rental agreement carefully before signing to understand the terms and conditions fully.
It is best to book a car in major cities like Tivat, Podgorica, or Herceg Novi, and the return policy will depend on the rental company’s policies. When booking a car rental, it is important to pay attention to insurance, fuel policy, additional fees, and rental agreements to avoid any surprises.